Sunday, June 26, 2011

before 'Heroes' holiday club...

Alright, so these next two weeks are gonna be pretty hectic for me, but let's start with this week:
We're running a kids holiday Bible club (HBC) at church this week, running for all the grade 1-7 kids.. The theme is 'Heroes', so we're looking at how God is our ultimate Hero, and then also other heroes like Joshua and David, Jesus, and how we also get to be heroes with the armour of God. We are training up heroes in the faith - the next generation that will be one who seeks God's face. What a privilege!

So on the practical side, I'm leading the music worship times, I'm one of the leaders in the grade 3-5 section where I will be doing some of the story telling, memory verse teaching and leading a small group. Yeah, I'll be pretty busy! So please be praying for me with all of this.

It's such an honour to be able to partner with God in all He's wanting to and going to do in the lives of the kids of our community here in Pinelands. To be able to build into a kid's life is one of the most powerful things, because they are so malleable - most people who will come to know and love Jesus meet Him before they're 14.

We also have a fairly young group of leaders, with many grade 8 and 9 leaders, so I'm one of the older ones, and as a result, I'm not only going to be an example to and discipling the kids, but also to the other leaders, which is also such a great opportunity! Tomorrow night, we're going to watch the 'Jesus Freaks' movie with the leaders, so be praying and get excited for what God is going to do!

Each day starts at 8am, so I'm going to have to wake up before the sun for the first time in a while! But I really am SO excited for all God is going to do in and through us! After all, this is all for Him, and in His strength, power and anointing! My prayer for this week is that it wouldn't be remembered as 'fun', but as a time when we encountered God and our lives where irrevocably changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment