Sunday, July 24, 2011

God is an IT junkie too...

So I still haven't gotten around to writing about the other awesome week that I spent in Mthatha... I will soon, but I had to share what may seem small to some, but awesome to others about what God did this afternoon.

For my birthday last year, I had just arrived back in Denver to do my second school with YWAM - School of Biblical Foundations (SBF), so I got one present from home: a 750G external hard drive. It was beautiful. When I went to Brazil at the end of the year, I took it with me and man am I glad I did! We had some good movie watching sessions :) Anyway, but on that trip, it got dropped and made a ticking sound when you plugged it in (never a good sign) and needless to say, didn't work.

I took it home with me, and my dad took it in, saying that it didn't work. They said they couldn't fix it, and didn't have any 750G's in stock, so they gave me a 1 terabyte. Yes, now THAT was beautiful... Unfortunately, I lost all my files. Movies, school projects (most importantly all my programs I'd written - literally months, if not years of work), and photos from way back when and all through YWAM etc. Yeah, I was a little upset, but God has been taking me through a time of letting go of a lot of my physical belongings, so I wasn't distraught.

So when I plugged my 1T in today and it popped up with write errors saying that all the data was lost, I freaked out just a little bit. One minute, all the files were there, the next - nothing but empty folders. It wasn't that I'd lose all my movies or music - it was the photos. It really does suck trying to save them off of Facebook, and the quality isn't that great. So I unplugged my hard drive, and prayed over it... Plugged it in again, let it do it's scans etc, and BOOM - all my stuff was there and working perfectly! Yeah, I think God must be a bit of an IT junkie too... and He's awesome and He thinks I'm rad too :)

That may seem like the smallest thing, but it was just super amazing to have God come through. Maybe the hard drive would have been fine. Maybe I would have actually lost everything (again). All I know is that I asked God for help, and He came through, and it was awesome! He is so faithful and loving - He blows my mind daily!

1 comment: