Wednesday, April 13, 2011

a poem about faith and other things...

sometimes i wish i knew what You were up to
what You are so busy doing, that i cannot see
i feel so blind and confused right now
but i know You’re working and moulding me

faith is often walking blind and trusting who You are
You are good, faithful and constant – the only One who is
so i know i can trust You, its just so hard to sometimes

when i cannot see the way ahead
and i feel torn and confused
i will turn to You alone
knowing You know what to do
i know You hold my hand
and guide me along the right path
You can see the big picture
and You are always good

life is about the journey, not the destination
You’re all about relationship, not just obedience
so i will let go of my pride, myself and my control
and give it all to You again
for i can’t make this happen
its all in Your hands
teach and guide me, love me and lead me
help me to see what is next
lead me along the best pathway for my life
that i may bring You glory and honour
that i may live for You

thank You that You care more about who i am that what i do
that You pick me up when i trip and fall
that nothing i do is beyond redemption
that You just want me to love You and to love me in return

teach me what it means to live life in love with You
it blows my mind every time i think that that is even possible
to be able to love and be loved by the Creator God, my Father
who wants to pour out His abundant love and blessings on my life

all i can say is thank You
nothing else will do
i cannot even imagine doing anything other than giving it all back to You
You gave it all for me, and nothing i give is anything by comparison
but there is Grace who redeems us and Hope that saves us
- His name is Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment